Therapeutic Safe Home Community
Child sex-trafficking is a horrific crime that causes significant physical, mental and emotional trauma. Victims have the best chance of recovery when provided long-term, individualized and interdisciplinary care in a secure environment. Sadly, there are few programs nationwide for children that provide this type of care to at-risk girls.
Bridging Freedom’s rehabilitation program is located in a safe and secure campus with several homes and space for outdoor therapeutic activities. Children live in a home with their own bedrooms and bathrooms, and nurturing residential caretakers who create a positive, healthy and stable environment conducive to healing.
At our therapeutic safe home campus, survivors receive:
- Individual therapeutic sessions from clinical therapists.
- Health care management from a registered nurse.
- Psychoeducation groups, such as Substance abuse, Anger Management, Grief and Loss, Healthy Boundaries, etc.
- Therapeutic activities, such as equine art and gardening.
- Online education through FLVS.
- Monthly educational field trips and weekly fun recreational outings.
- Life skills to help survivors adjust to life outside of the home.
- Transitional mentorship to provide support for 18 year old survivors after they graduate the program.
Through a step-wise program that last approximately a year to 18 monhts, we help children to stabilize, trust again, heal emotionally and physically and adjust to being kids again.