Statement of Faith
“Vindicate the weak and fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and destitute. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them out of the hand of the wicked.”
Bridging Freedom was birthed from the desire to be the hands and feet of God. In prayer and obedience, and much heart ache for those victimized, the founder is fulfilling the call to plan and to implement a safe home for rescued children to find a healthy new beginning mentally, physically, and spiritually from the trauma that has been inflicted upon their innocence.
We are a faith based organization that seeks to accomplish our mission with a heart of love that Jesus Christ our Lord has commissioned us to have in loving our neighbor as ourselves. It is our desire that others will see God’s love through us and desire to explore a relationship with Him for themselves. However, if this is not their choice, it is our practice to accept and love them unconditionally. Opportunities of spiritual renewal will be a choice of the survivor.
Bridging Freedom is, and will continue to be, a community of God loving people dedicated to restoring the broken spirits of sex trafficking victims. Our goal is to bring a holistic healing to victimized children through trauma therapy, therapeutic activities, relationship building, education, health management, and an opportunity to find healing through their own faith. A chapel will be made available for solitude, soul searching, praise, and worship. It will be a place that offers an opportunity for the restoration of their faith in God by offering daily opportunities for prayer and interfaith religious observances. It will be a place where prayers will be offered continually for all of our survivors.
The fundamental Christian doctrine of the Founder and Board of Directors is:
- We believe that people of all faiths and no faith are precious to God and we are called to serve them where they are without discrimination just as He did for each of us.
- We believe in the sanctity of life from conception.
- We believe in living our lives in obedience to Jesus’ greatest commandments, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40.
- We believe in God the Father Almighty who is the maker of Heaven and Earth, and that Jesus Christ, His only Son our Lord who was conceived by the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, crucified, died and buried, the third day rose from the dead; he ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand side of God the Father, and will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe there is only one living and true God in the unity of the Godhead; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Holy Bible was written by men supernaturally inspired by God.
- We believe God calls us into relationship with Him through salvation, a free gift, received by faith through repentance of our sins, openly confessing Jesus as our Savior, by being baptized, and by looking to the return of Jesus.
- We believe the forgiveness of sins is given through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.