Child sex-trafficking is a horrific crime that robs the innocence of its victims and causes significant physical, mental and emotional trauma. In the United States each year, approximately 300,000 children – at the average age of 12 – are prostituted against their will, forced to provide sexual acts for an average of 15 men a night.
Bridging Freedom’s mission is to combat minor sex-trafficking by bringing restoration to those rescued and victim prevention to those we reach with our message. We educate the community and work with partnering organizations to increase awareness about this horrendous issue.
We are also working to build Florida’s first successful therapeutic safe home campus community to provide long-term, comprehensive care to these victims in a secure environment. We are in the building and development phases and are gaining progressive momentum toward realizing our goal of providing this urgently needed healing solution.
- 300,000 – Children in the U.S. prostituted annually
- 12 – Average age of child sex-trafficking victims
- 2,700 – Child sex-trafficking victims rescued by the FBI in the U.S. the past 10 years
- 3 – Florida’s ranking among states with the highest human-trafficking activity
- 35 – Approximate number of child sex-trafficking victims rescued annually by the Tampa Bay area FBI
- Less than 5 – Therapeutic safe homes, with less than 100 beds total, throughout the entire country specialized to handle this type of trauma
- 0 – Successful therapeutic safe home campuses in the state of Florida
Child sex-trafficking is a horrific crime that causes significant physical, mental and emotional trauma. Bridging Freedom’s goal is to build and operate a therapeutic safe home campus community in the Tampa Bay area where rescued children and teens will receive long-term holistic care to help them heal.
Bridging Freedom Works in Collaboration with
- Clearwater/Tampa Bay Area Task Force on Human Trafficking
- Tampa Bay FBI Innocence Lost Initiative
- St. Petersburg College Center for Human Trafficking Awareness
- Tampa Bay Community Campaign Against Human Trafficking